Saturday 6 February 2010

First post!!

How exciting,

I've taken the plunge and started my own blog (obvious statement, I know!).

Why have I done this when I spend too much time on the internet already? Trying to be more organised!

I love reading about simplyfing life and frugal living, and on a whole, I do follow these principles. Put it this way, I am doing a lot of things that I would have laughed at 5 years ago. (baking, using leftovers, batch cooking, watching the pennies etc). I read about these things so much and along with having a busy working life, lots of things don't get done, eg, housework, paperwork and my veg patch going to pot!

So, my blog is going to organise me, if I keep a record of what I have done, then I can see what I have achieved and what is being left behind.

I started being frugal because although I am not old, time is going by and I did not have anything to fall back on, no savings, nothing. Sometimes, there was nothing left after slogging my guts out all month. Well, how come lots of people had money in their purse? Because they did not eat out in fancy restaurants every night of the week, they did not buy 5 cd's they did not need, you get the picture don't you. I need to make sure that I have something for a rainy day, you never know when it is going to pour down, do you?

I have some online like-minded friends who I have learned a lot from, and also a real life friend who has helped me along the way, so I have a lot to thank them for.

So, the plan is to log what I have done on every day that I can, perhaps I'll take some photos and make use of the fantastic camera my sisters gave me for christmas.

Tonight, I made home made potato scones from 3 leftover potatoes and storecupboard items, flour, salt, butter and milk. I got 14 of these, that would have cost around £2-3 in the shops, probably cost me about 30p at the most, and they taste better.

Well, that's all for tonight, I hope you will come back for the next instalment. xx

2 comments:

  1. waves hello, looking forward to reading about your frugalities

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks knit, I have been lurking about on your blog, so will really need to follow properly. xx

    ReplyDelete