Tuesday 9 February 2010

Put a bit of light on the subject............

Hiya,

I didn't get anything organised at all today, just done a bit of work from 'home' again. I am out and about for the rest of the week though, and have to stay overnight in a hotel on Thursday night, I am not looking forward to that!

We were out for dinner tonight as it was my youngest brother's birthday on Saturday past, but he waited until tonight to go out, it is too busy for him at weekends. It was nice, but I ate too much, as usual. When I think that we used to do that as a normal everyday occurance, it makes me shudder to think how much cash I have spent on eating out over the years.

When I was dropping them off at home, all the lights went out, in the street, in the houses, everything! It made me realise how much we depend on electricity and how unprepared we really are if it does cut off.

So, I have made a note to make sure that I have candles, matches, torches with batteries in them and plenty of blankets in the house in case of power cuts. DH has a wee camping stove in the shed outside, so when I get this sorted, I'll put it to the front so it can be found easily. He also has lanterns which are battery operated, I wonder where they are. As long as I have something to read, eat and see with, I will always be okay. :)

Speak to you tomorrow. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment